Fish Soup

Fish Friday Soup
Make a veg stock. Chop up a few onions, stalks of celery, carrots- or just throw it all in a food processor and let it do the chopping. Saute vegies in olive oil untill soft, at this point I added a few diced tomatoes, saute untill you can't see them anymore. Add about 4 cups of water and white wine if you've got some kicking around. Add seasoning- a couple of bay leaves, peppercorns, lemon, whatever eles you fancy. Bring to a boil then down to a simmer for approx 40 min. Turn off and let veggies steep a bit. Strain all the veggies out and throw. With the broth you have left, add whatever fish you've decided on and bring back to a boil and then turn down to a simmer for no longer than 20 min. When I made it I used shrimp, clams, chunks of salmon and baby bok choy. As I was feeding kids I also added noodles- they'll eat anything involving noodles. Noodles and cheese.

No comments: