Banana bread/muffins



If your like me you may have a freezer full of black bananas waiting for a time when you've got a little time and some energy. Everytime I go to make banana muffins I usually look around for a recipe online as a rough guide line and change it up so they are healthier treats for the kids. SO last time I made them, I attempeted to make my own recipe and was pretty happy with the results. I'm going to leave the recipe as I made it (huge) but of course you can half it as well. I like doing lots at a time with the intention of freezing some but these boys of mine love them and so rarely a freezer dothe muffins see!

8 ripe bananas
1 cup butter (can't lose the butter)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tspn vanilla
1 3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup brown flour
1/4 cup bran (or wheat germ, use all if you've got it!)
1/4 cup ground linseed
2 tspn (scant) baking soda
2 tspn (scant) baking powder
chocolate chips (optional, sometimes I'll do half with and I like to use the mini chocolate chips, just enough choc to make it kind of desserty)
coconut (optional as well, usually I'll add coconut when doing a loaf)

Preheat oven at 375
cream butter and sugars untill well combined. Add eggs one at a time, beat in. Keep beating and add the milk and vanilla. combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix together. Add dry to wet mix untill all combined. Add mushed up ripe bananas and any other embeleshments (nuts, choc chips, coconut...)
for muffins bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. I like to make mini muffins and these take 15-20 minutes. They are done when browned on top and a toothpick or knife comes out clean when poked. If doing a loaf bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes

No comments: